1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Basic Detailing Supplies - Local / Chains Stores

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jwhite.pc, Nov 5, 2009.

1. jwhite.pc

jwhite.pc Scrumtrulescent

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I'm going to do an initial Dawn wash, clay, Zaino application, and was hoping for some guidance when it comes to purchasing basic detailing supplies.

I guess I need a couple buckets, a grit guard for the rinse bucket, sheepskin wash mitt, and some high quality microfiber.

Are these products that I can actually find locally? I don't see them at Autozone or Pep Boys web sites.

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can definately find buckets obviously...and wash mitts and towels etc. The issue is going to be the quality of the mitts and towels.

Honestly? I'd order them online.

3. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd recommend Autogeek over Griot's. Autogeek has regular sales, free shipping offers, etc., and overall I think is cheaper than Griot's. Lots of detailing tips and wide selection of products too.

- D

5. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Griots has good stuff, but they are VERY expensive and most of their products are rebranded. I too would recommend Autogeek.