1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Basic Lockpick questions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TinMan27, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TinMan27

TinMan27 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am brand new to being a Prius owner and to priuschat. I have been reading lots of posts about the Coastal Lockpick 3 which is what I have just ordered. However, it seems like every post about it is incredibly out of date. I just had some real basic questions I was hoping the people out there that are much smarter than me can answer for me. Thanks

My questions are in regards to hooking up a DVD player to the MFD. The Nav unlocking install seems easy enough and not even I could mess it up. That being said...

1) Is there an installation guide with pictures? I have read with the Coastal instructions it isn't that hard but a picture is worth a thousand words. Also what special tools if any should I get before attempting the install.

2) Does anyone have a recommendation for DVD players that seem to work best? I am looking for one that fits in the slot below the radio and A/V outputs in the front would be nice. I also would still like to be able to close the lid so the DVD player is hidden. The one I found on this site that some of you have installed the Clarion VS755 doesn't appear to be on sale anymore.

I guess that is all for now. Either that or my brain is fried from reading so many posts, and then paying closer attention and realizing they were all 2-3 years old. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.