1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery Bar Colors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ladyinblack, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ladyinblack

ladyinblack New Member

I got my Prius :p alittle over a week ago, while driving around just for fun on Sunday I noticed the colors on the display go from blue, to pink, and sometimes even yellow. I looked in the manual and god forbid if it mentioned anything about the color changes. Is this normal and what does it mean? :huh:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ladyinblack @ Aug 1 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]296071[/snapback]</div>
    I highly recommend you go to john1701a.com and look at his various guides and such. Lots of great info that explains little things like this there.

In the mean time, I've never seen the battery turn yellow...green, yes, but not yellow. Perhaps there's something different on the '06.

The bars turn pink when the SOC (state of charge) drops to 2 bars or less (actual SOC is about 40-50% in that range), It's blue in the mid range (50-60%), and turns green when it gets to a high SOC--above 60% or so. Nothing you need to do or worry about, just flashy and colorful so you know what's going on.

1 person likes this.
  3. ladyinblack

ladyinblack New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ladyinblack @ Aug 1 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]296071[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Doc always appreciate your immediate responses you've been very helpful :)

4. jmccord

jmccord New Member

My 2006 display shows green, blue, and a shade of purple / "pink" that is hard to describe.
    We could probably devote an entire PC thread just to naming that low battery color :p
    On second thought, I should do a search, as its probably already been done!

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would call it Magenta. :D