1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery Box? Anyone heard of these guys?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Phorest, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Phorest

Phorest New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys. I am new to the forums. But I purchased a 2005 Prius about 3 year ago, and I have really been enjoying the fuel efficiency and performance of the car. About a week ago the red triangle of death came up on my dash and I took it in to Fred Anderson Toyota to have it checked out. They told me the Hybrid battery pack had to be changed out and it was going to cost me more than what I had paid for my beloved Prius a few years ago. I did not want to buy new car, I just can't afford it. So I started doing some research as a viable option for a 2nd hand replacement battery. I lie in the central North Carolina region (RTP) and have a few options. But there is one that offers batteries for 999.00 with a 2 year warranty? Anyone used battery box of Raleigh? How was your experience with them? I do not know much about the ins and outs of the hybrid system of my Prius, so I was hoping I can get some good feedback here from other Prius owners. Thanks!

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would inquire as to how the battery is built. What Generation modules? New wiring/sensor harness? Testing performed?

Raytheeagle likes this.