1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery lasted 3 weeks...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mwcb89, May 21, 2012.

1. mwcb89

mwcb89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I previously posted a thread about replacing a hybrid battery in my sister's 2006.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-care-maintenance-troubleshooting/107198-3rd-hybrid-battery.html

Basically, the 12v must have been bad, somehow messing up the hybrid battery, and making the car just up and die.

But, we got it all fixed...or so we thought. :confused:

The car now has a brand new Optima 12v, and a refurbished (and tested) hybrid. It was all working until the three warning lights of doom came on once more today! :( (master light, the brake light, and the check engine light)

I just can't understand what is going on with this car?

I did some research (again) and found this little tidbit of information...

We do live in Florida and its been consistently 90 or so for the last few weeks...maybe that is the issue?

So my question to you, oh prius-owners-of-awesomeness :)...what do you think is going on? Any ideas besides the coolant pump? Is the coolant pump a legitimate problem?

Thanks for any and all help! :D

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What is the current state of the 12V battery? If it is flat yet again, something must be killing it.

Your symptoms are too broad to diagnose without further information, but if I had to guess, I would assume that something is amiss with the inverter, DC to DC converter, or other electrical power controlling systems.

I assume you pulled codes? What did you find?

Tom

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Take a look at the following video and verify that your inverter cooling system is working:

4. mwcb89

mwcb89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    More detail to come...

Hey, thanks for the responses

As soon as the car died, we had it towed to the mechanic.

But as soon as we hear back from him (and I ask him some more detail) then I will be able to post more information on the issue.