1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by The one and only, Oct 19, 2020.

1. The one and only

The one and only New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I bought a 2008 Prius and it’s hasn't been working correctly. I’ve taken it to a mechanic and he told me it was the battery. I bought a new one and a new traction battery too, just about $1000. Every time I drive for 30 minutes, it starts a long beep, and the brakes stop working. Then the triangle shows and the car stops working altogether. I don’t know what to do. Can someone please help?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's error codes that are stored when the warning lights and noises arrive... Once you get those error codes we know what needs fixing and if you clear those codes car will start working until the codes are triggered again. If you want to do this yourself you can use Dr. Prius app on your phone and buy a device that connects your phone to your car here: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

Did your replacement hybrid battery come with a warranty?