1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BatteryMinder hook-up for 2010 storage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by edmcm2000, Oct 27, 2009.

1. edmcm2000

edmcm2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We'll be leaving our 2010 in our garage for about 5 weeks. I have a new BatteryMinder to keep the 12V battery charged. I'm figuring on just connecting it under the hood to the + and the ground that is in place for jumping a dead battery. Does anyone see any problem with that, as opposed to connecting directly to the battery posts? Thanks in advance, Ed

2. Vaughn

Vaughn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Don't really know if that would be a problem or not. I'll tell you what I did. I hooked a lead directly to the battery and I leave it connected and stored under the floor. This way you can hook up anytime you feel it is needed with no chance of something coming unhooked. I have a garage so I just run the drop cord into an open window, if I had to use it outside I would just run it out the back and close the hatch on the cord. Has worked for me on my 2006 and now on the 2010.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I left my 04 for longer than 5 weeks without any outside charging. It started right up when I got back. You just have to make sure all of the lights are off, interior and exterior.

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Connecting the "pigtail" to the fuse box under the hood is probably the best way. You can use the clips if you like, or install the pig-tail that comes with the BatteryMinder.