1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bay Area first?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by AirKuhl, May 29, 2009.

1. AirKuhl

AirKuhl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got my car yesterday (Thursday May 28th) around 3:00PM. My dealer said it was the first one delivered in Santa Cruz county.

IV with Solar roof and mats. Dark Grey interior. 5 miles on the odo. Crappy iPhone picture this morning attached.

I'll post a quick review in another thread.

Props to my dealer, Santa Cruz Toyota. It was important to me to try to support a local, family owned dealership. I paid MSRP + mats. They have a policy of never allowing over MSRP pricing, forced options or inflated fees. They also gave me a VERY good price for my trade-in, more than I was about it sell it for private party. They said they need inventory for their used car lot and liked what I had. I was really surprised. I never put a deposit down or got on a list, I just told them what I wanted a few weeks ago and they called once when it was confirmed and once the day it came in. No hard sell from the closer, asked once about prepaid service, Gap insurance and sealant, I said "No thanks" once, and we closed in 5 minutes. Car was perfect, correct tire pressure, clean inside and out, full tank of gas, first service free.

Overall a perfect, win-win buying experience. I might have intimidated them a bit when I walked in with my MacBook, told them all the current Toyota FS offers and ran my spreadsheet with all the numbers before they could. :cool:

They have several in stock including a very nice low cost Blizzard Pearl, not sure if it was a II or III, I recall ~$24K on the sticker. With no hidden costs or price premiums, they rely on repeat and word of mouth business. Ask for Chuck and tell him Pete sent you.

Attached Files:

2. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw a red here in person in Pkg V as well ... it was deeper/darker in person than I'd pictured from others' photos.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy. And I was hoping to be the first in the bay area...

Mine arrived in port on 5/26, but won't be at the dealer until 6/1 (not sure why it takes so long to go 70 miles :confused:).

4. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

We might be in a tie! I arrived at the dealer about 2:30 but didn't drive away till about 4:30. But then again, I'm in the Central Valley, not the Bay Area;)

Lee

5. dakshah

dakshah Counting the dayz....

Model:
    III
    Happy to hear you got your car and had such a straight-forward experience with Santa Cruz Toyota.

I called them yesterday to see if they had one I could test drive, but by the time I got down there a few hours later it had been leased. I had expected them not to sell the demo (silver package II), but hadn't thought they'd lease it out before I got a ride! More power to 'em.

I did sit in it & twiddle knobs for a couple minutes. A few minutes later it and the white one drove off the lot.

They seemed nice enough, but seemed a bit confused regarding where some of their incoming cars were (at the port / still in Japan.) They also commented that I needed to come in when another salesman was there for a sunroof option demo since it was complicated to use (??!!), and they hadn't gone to 'Prius school' yet. I pointed them to youtube :) I was also told that they couldn't trade out of California ("Trust me, i've been doing this for 17 years"), which is not at all my understanding.

6. AirKuhl

AirKuhl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Lol, yeah, they're nice guys but it's obvious that they don't have the 2010 details down yet. I had to explain several features to them when I bought it and also it was a surprise to them today that they could change the reverse beep behavior, had to show them in the manual. But they did it quickly and for free.

Not the first time I knew much more about a certain car than a dealer, won't be the last I'm sure.