1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bay area prius experience, just got my prius 06

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by rekhapai, Jan 11, 2006.

1. rekhapai

rekhapai New Member

hi folks

after tracking this list/forums for the past 3 months, and being on the waiting list in Toyota, Sunnyvale (bay area, CA) since oct 30th, 2005.. I finally decided to give up on the wait list.. because after calling the dealer for the 3rd time last week, he finally got back to me with "maybe sometime late feb". So I quickly looked up craigslist and was lucky enough to find a black prius with option package#8 in a nearby dealership (only 15miles away)

So what bugs me is that cars are available, it isn't that bad but my dealership, which was supposed to have good allocations was taking sooo long. I wasted time/deposit money on a dealership which either doesn't get enough allocations or gets too many applications in proportion to its allocation, yet they said the car would be here sometime jan 06. anyway trying to get my deposit refunded.

anyway finally it is in my driveway - I paid MSRP for it, with tax, license etc it came to $ 32,113, kinda high but I didn't want to wait for another 2 months for $350 discount that Toytota Sunnyvale promised.

So for all bay area folks out there waiting, just look up craigslist, there are dealerships out there with cancellations etc and it may not be necessary to go thru a waitlist.. like I wasted my time with

thanks
    rekha

2. SanFranciscoASAP

SanFranciscoASAP Junior Member

We are looking for:
    1) Driftwood Pearl
    2) Seaside Pearl
    3) Barcelona Red
    4) Silver Pine Mica,
    5) Magnetic Gray
    6) Classic Silver Metallic
    No Black,
    We don't want to pay over MSRP
    Prefer bisque interior (gray is also acceptable, though),

Package preference: First #3, then #6 or #7.

Yesterday put a deposit with San Francisco Toyota on Geary Blvd. (they share inventory with Van Ness location). "ANY" scrawled across the deposit paper.

But, last night I came across PriusChat - and am feeling more confident that we'll get in on the tax credit (which we've varified with a tax accountant!)!

Dealers on the West Coast are welcome to contact me, as well as kind individuals with "inside information" and dealer referals.

3. notsure

notsure New Member

try Chris Corbo in las Vegas, got exactly what I wanted within five minutes of calling him. 702-253-2129

4. pablosfo

pablosfo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(notsure @ Jan 30 2006, 02:34 AM) [snapback]200348[/snapback]</div>
    I live in the Bay Area and would love to make a deal on the phone with an out of state dealer But how would I get the car? Would they deliver?