1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bazooka on it's way

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by charliep, Mar 24, 2005.

1. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Just ordered the BTA6100 Bazooka Subwoofer. ($124.95) I also ordered harness ($65.00) and chrome brackets ($27.00). I am going to install the system myself. Any links to how I can get to the back of the radio easily to install harness would be helpfull. Also what is the best way to conceal wires. Once i get installed I will share with group.

Charlie

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    when you get it installed.. i want to hear it.. so let me know. I've been wanting to buy one. wanted to hear one first. I live in San Jose.. but commute to San Mateo.. i'll drop by :)

3. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Ok I work in San Mateo also.

Charlie

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    cool.. my prius.. well.. originaly as my avatar. i have low profile wheels on it.. and CookiesByDesign.com magnets on the side.

i'm all over the place. maybe i'll see ya some time. I work off 25th ave. :) silver eh?.. me too.. i'll keep an eye out. :)

5. DanH

DanH New Member

I'm looking forward to hearing about the results too. (I'm too far away to actually hear the sub... I don't think it will have that much boom. :lol: ) I should be getting my Prius as early as next week and this is one thing I definitely want to add to it sometime.

Did you get the sub on eBay? I'd seen similar prices there. Also it would be neat to see some details about the wire swapping on the harness.

One other thing I was wondering about how they got away with getting power to the sub with the existing wiring. That is, usually something with a 100W amp needs it's own wire and fuse to the battery.

6. charliep

charliep Junior Member

I bought a harness from Toyota that works on Scion. It connects to the back of the radio and gets power from there using acc. If you look for a posting here that describes the process but not in detail. Circuit city performed the install and a magazine printed it. I got the sub woofer from cardomain.com. Cheapest price I found. Harness was 65.00. I am hoping to post pictures when I install. Still waiting on the sub woofer.

Charlie

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

$65 for a harness? That's ridiculous!

8. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Yea I know. But what can you do. As long as it is an easy hook up like they say then I am ok with that. Still waiting on the woofer. I think it should be here by next week. I saved a lot of money buying on line.

9. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Hit a snag. Installed Bazooka behind right rear seat. Pulled the dash apart to get behind stereo. Harness that I bought from Toyota is not the correct one. Plugs are tiny spades. That one I bought are larger. Will have to figure another way. :x

Charlie