1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bbbbrrrrrr... Danny's out in the cold!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, I'm reporting from work this afternoon in the short time that I'll be here. Columbia got drilled by Mother Nature the last couple of days and I lost power yesterday at around 12:30pm. Needless to say it's pretty chilly at my place (around 48 degrees inside) and it doesn't looks like it's going to get any better since this afternoon the wind is supposed to kick up to about 25 mph and knock out even more trees.

I just wanted to check in and let you guys know I was still alive - I know you were worried! :wink: Hopefully I'll have power soon and I'll post some pictures of the mayhem that is the Ice Storm of '04.

Hopefully mikepaul (a fellow Columbian) is doing all right - he lives on a different side of town from myself.

Danny

2. tag

tag Senior Member

It's about the same temperature inside my place too (and I have power!). :p

Glad to hear you're still alive (I get concerned when I read posts from the recently deceased).

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    4 days, still no power....

:Wth:

:(

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you checked the main breaker in your home? I am assuming of course, that your neighbours appear to have power.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

From AP re ice storms:

In South Carolina, lights were back on Wednesday for most of the 300,000 customers who lost power after ice and snow blanketed the state, but thousands might remain without power until the weekend, utility officials said.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Good luck, Danny! Hopefully, your power will be restored soon.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, I live in a downtown area so the power lines were just kinda put there as things were built - so there is a cluster of homes around me that don't have power yet, but then there are some of our other neighbors who do have power.

I would hate the see the wiring grid for downtown Columbia - it must be a mess.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Woo hoo! Power's back on and now I can finally monitor what you people are doing 24/7 :) Just kidding, I'm not that much of a Web Geek (ehem, Evan). 8)