1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BBC says China assures US on rare earth elements

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by kgall, Oct 30, 2010.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's a link to a new BBC story (plus two earlier backgrounders):

China assures US over rare earths
    China assures the US that it has no intention of withholding the 'rare earth' minerals key to the world's high-tech industries from the international market.
    I'm putting this here because some folks have posted stories of worries about materials for hybrid batteries.

Of course, since this story is about statements made by politicians to politicians, its hard to judge their credibility.

It's also interesting in light of recent Sino-Japanese tensions, that these statements are being made to the US.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Economics makes a lot of sense.

China is transitioning from a command to a demand economy but the legacy of the command economy was 1930s-50s economics and currency values. So in the 1990s, the Communist Party could dictate the costs and prices, an economic policy that led to their current industrialization. Now China has transitioned to a resource consumer in their own right.

Bob Wilson

3. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    until they want Taiwan back