1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BBC World Service, Isn't it great!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jmann, Jul 30, 2006.

1. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Isn't the BBC world service just the greatest thing ever for real news? no opinions, no bias, complete global coverange from localy stationed reporters.

as oposed to NPR which is a biased conservative power hungry network that oposes micro-coverage (and was a major oponant of low-power FM). It fights hard to hold onto and expand its network.

I was listening to BBC "world have your say" on thursday and they had some government official on from israel. People from all over the world, africa, italy, the us, etc. called up and gave him some tough critism. On what other network does that happen? WOW.

One thing that really suprises me is just how many people in the world speak english. Even in the the third-world countries it is amaizing just how many of the uneducated and illiterate residents are bilingual in english.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    OK, it's readily apparent that you are so far bent to the left if you can say, "as oposed to NPR which is a biased conservative power hungry network . . ." without also including a smiley . . . such as ;) , or :rolleyes: , or :lol: .

Me personally, I consider the BBC just one more source to be weighed and compared to the rest of the news outlets – not the greatest, complete, unbiased, no-opinion source for “real†global news.

http://bustingbbcbias.blogspot.com/

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. wstander

wstander New Member

HMS Ark Royal ceremoniously killed the BBC feed during both GWI and GW2 just because of their over the top anti-Western world...

Ah, Fleet Street

5. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BBC, NPR, AP, US Corporate whatever, they all speak the official Western political line and they're all a waste of time. IMHO

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 30 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]294599[/snapback]</div>

:rolleyes:

This is no different than the concept of "seeing what you want to see" in various perceived conspiratorial articles...

Would you rather the 2nd headline have read:

"Crazed, illiterate, Palestinian gunmen coldy murdered two young Israeli children walking hand in hand with their parents on the way to temple, wounded 50 others, killed by righteous fearless and brave Israeli police officers"

Curious, in your opinion, is there ANYONE out there who can disagree with Israeli viewpoints (or even anyone who doesn't spin their work towards an Israeli viewpoint) and NOT be accused of being anti-Isaeli/anti-semitic?

7. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    For more focus on matters of the Pacific Rim, I prefer Radio Australia. I will leave it to thoughtful listeners to sort out matters of bias for themselves.