1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BC Gov't to convert 34 Hybrids to electric

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Lloyd9, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Lloyd9

Lloyd9 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    BC Gov't to convert 34 Hybrids to electric (PHEV)

It seems the BC Government is taking the issue of Going Green to a new level.
    This article appeared in the local Vancouver paper Nov 27th. No indication whom has been contracted to preform the conversions. I have been in touch with a few local companies asking about converting my Prius.
    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=3f3cf634-0c8a-4101-a454-007ef31a6059
    It will be interesting to see their results in the conversions and savings over the next few years.
    I may write in with a suggestion of EBH (especially for the Dawson Creek vehicles), and EV-Mod to take full use of the converstion.

Gov't to convert 34 hybrids to electric

2. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The title of the article is misleading. It is converting the Prius to PHEV, not EV.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    sweeet! We continue to lead the way....

4. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    The conversions are going to be Hymotion batteries. If I recall, the BC gov't has already done 4 Hymotion kits on their Prius fleet vehicles. They were satisfied with them and decided to do a bunch more.

5. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Great project, nice to see a government lead the way.

6. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    At the Toronto Green Living show this spring I saw two Prius PHEV converted vehicles from this program last year:
    TheStar.com - News - City plugs into hybrid car trend
    They had a spokes person giving out first hand information. I see one of their PHEV Prius in a nearby park all the time and wish that I had one of those.