1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BC Tax rebate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Canuck, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Had the first oil change today.While I was waiting a Toyota salesman mentioned in our general conversation that as a result of the recent BC provincial budget new Prius buyers get a $2000 CAD tax rebate at point of sale without having to submit a claim as we previously had to do in Oct 04. Then we only received $837.91 CAD. Not complaining 'cause even if we'd known it would be increased we still wouldn't have delayed buying it.
    Garyt

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Up to $2,000 or $2,000 regardless of hybrid? I remember them contemplating it late last year. This is interesting as a friend of mine is trying to convince her mum to get the Prius over the HCH (currently owns a 98 Civic EX).

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I haven't had a chance to chase down the details but know that a 2005 Prius bought at Nanaimo Toyota today gives you a $2000 CAD maximum reduction in the taxes on the model... at least that's what I was told by the salesman. It's my guess that would apply to vehicles determined to be true hybrids by the BC government. Don't know how a trade-in figures in the deal but a phone call to any BC Toyota dealer should provide all the details.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

as my understanding is it's only for the Provincial Sales Tax. So if the tax is 1141$ for example, that's the amount you would get back but if the tax is 2086$ you'd get back $2000. It's a total refund of the Provincal tax up to $2000 instead of 30% of the tax up to $2000 as the act was writen before the change.

5. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, Frank, thats my guess too.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Excellent. But then that won't make a difference since the HCH's PST falls right about $2,000 so either vehicle will give $2,000 in return anyway. I'm bringing in the car for servicing tmrw. I'll ask them and see what they know about it.

7. indi

indi New Member

hmm...I just talked to a sales person at the dealer. He said the $2000 is not exactly $2000...it is something like $1850 and the rebate will be spread over several years depending on how many years the contract is. He sounded sincere and honest...and now I'm confused...Is it really $2000 and it will be rebated at the point of sale?

oh, BTW, how can I add a Canadian Flag on my profile? :)

Indi

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Put Canada as your location.

9. indi

indi New Member

thank you Tideland!