1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bean Sprouts and Tofu

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by withersea, Jun 7, 2006.

1. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Prius was due to hit port on Sunday. Someone asked me about my "treehugger" car. Well...it must be getting really close because....

This morning I work up with a strange urge to have organic granola for breakfast. After having done so, I had a very strong desire to listen to a Gratefull Dead album (not CD). While listening to the Dead, I packed my lunch of organic mung bean spouts and tofu. I then spent some quality time communing with nature during a naked Transcendental Meditation session in the woods behind my house.....been thinking about moving into a solar geodesic dome house on a commune in the country lately too. Decided to walk the 33 miles to work in protest of having to drive a gas guzzling environmentally unfriendly tank. (Hurry Prius, hurry). Don't know what the commotion was about at work....shouldn't everyone be wearing organic cotton nehru jackets, bell bottoms and Birkenstocks??? Did anyone else experience these type changes when converting to a "treehugger" vehicle? I think I will ask the Maharhishi when I see him....

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Jun 7 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]267222[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

I've always been a fan of the "geodesic dome" homes! B)

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was raised to be responsible which extends to reduced environmental impact. So in a way, tree-hugger was deeply engrained into my core long before I adopted Priapus. And though I thought it was pretty cool that the hybrid gets better efficiencies and generates less pollution than conventional cars, I didn't really get him for the enviro reasons. I just thought it was a neat little car with a lot of features, high ranking in crash tests, loaded with gadgets and gizmos and a ton of fun to drive.

But I've found over the last two years that the more I drive it the more I become aware of other cars' exhaust. And the more I become aware of my recycling habits at home and at work. And the more I go to Whole Foods for organic foods and to support the local producer/farmer. So I guess that while I wasn't an overt tree hugger Pre-Prius, I'm blossoming into one.