1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beeping if opening and closing door more than once after car is off. Drains battery.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Shekibobo, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Shekibobo

Shekibobo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a weird condition with my 2009 Prius that will drain the battery in less than an hour. If park the car and turn it off, then open the door, then close the door, then open the door to leave once more, it will beep at me like I left the keys in it. The only way I've found to stop the beeping is to turn it on again, put it in gear, drive a little, then turn it off and exit the car just once.

If I don't manage to turn the beeping off, it's almost guaranteed to have a dead battery when I come cackle and turn it on later. Only the starter battery, though. The main battery usually seems fine.

I'm probably due for a new 12V, but I want to figure out this beeping issue so I don't end up stranded in an emergency.

2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A lot of weird Prius behavior is believed to be caused by a degraded 12V battery, so you may only discover it corrects with a new 12V.

PS: You will have better luck searching and posting in the Gen 2 Forum Section for your 2009 Prius.