1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beeping noise on R

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by amaghazi, Nov 10, 2005.

1. amaghazi

amaghazi New Member

Anybody here knows how to get rid of the beeping noise when the gear is on R? its stupid to me! it cannot be heard from outside and its ANNOYING!
    Anyy fuse or any wires I have to cut?
    thanks,

AG

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    TO TURN OFF THE REVERSE BEEP.

Steps:

1. Power on the car to IG-ON or READY. IG-ON will do for this purpose.
    2. Using the Trip/ODO button, set the Trip/ODO display to ODO (not Trip A or Trip B)
    3. Power off the car.
    4. Now power the car to READY (brake on). This is required so that step 6 works correctly.
    5. Within 6 seconds of powering on, press and hold the Trip/ODO button for 10 seconds or more.
    6. WHILE STILL HOLDING ODO *after* the 10 seconds, shift the "gear" selector from P to R, then back to P. Now release the Trip/ODO button.
    7. If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.
    8. Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode.
    9. Now power the car off to exit the toggle mode.
    10. Power the car on to READY and confirm the reverse beep status by shifting to R. The beep should not be audible if "b off" was selected, and should be audible if "b on" was selected..

I don't mind it myself as sometimes I think it's gone into reverse when it hasn't. I'm thinking of installing a reverse back up system so I'll remove it then.