1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

beer hounds?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by barbaram, Jul 2, 2006.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not that I condone drinking and driving- in fact I have a very strict limit of 2 beers when I drive....
    BUT with all ye prius owners out west I am wondering why we don't have a microbrew forum????????????
    What's great in other parts of the world?
    In Jersey we only have a handful and they are all pretty good - see www.njbeer.org

2. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I guess all you beer folks out west must be on vacation this week & not checking in.....
    I have thought that the west coast is a mecca for beer lovers but since no one has any comments on their favorite brewpubs, I must have been mislead!

3. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

mmm, Fat Tire... I would have ordered it in for my wedding if they'd been willing to ship it to Florida =)

4. kjb516

kjb516 New Member

Since moving to the great Pacific Northwest 8 years ago, I've become a complete devotee of the fantastic Northwestern microbrews to the point that I will no longer drink anything brewed more than 200 miles from Portland.

Some of my personal favorites are (in no particular order):

Deschutes Brewery
    Widmer Brothers Brewing
    Bridgeport Brewing
    Full Sail Brewing
    Mount Hood Brewing Company
    McMenamin's Breweries

I do not believe that any of them are available back east, but last time I was in New York, I did see a Widmer Brothers sign in the window of a NYC bar.

The only decent microbrew I've found on my trips back to New York was Brooklyn Brewery.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Jul 6 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]282357[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, geo, I'd ship you some, but last time I shipped alcohol UPS ripped me a new one and poured it out. Meh.

I'll tip back a Fat Tire in your honor tonight. Got some in the fridge chillin' right now.

Nate

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  7. BenR

BenR New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm a big fan of stouts in general and several Belgian beers. Give me an oatmeal stout, sweet/milk/cream stout, or chocolate stout any day. From Belgium, I like the strong dark ales, saisons, lambics, and just about anything brewed by monks (especially tripels and quadrupels).

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey Ben-
    Ommegang is having a big beer fest 7/15 and they make great belgian styles- had the 3 Philosophers at a tasting last week & WOW!(which is a quad)
    check out their website! understand they have camping there if you like to do that.....

so if you're not busy visiting Danny with his new Prius that weekend- think about heading to cooperstown, NY!

9. BenR

BenR New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Jul 7 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]282829[/snapback]</div>
    I LOVE the beers from Brewery Ommegang. Three Philosophers is a phenomenal brew!!! I also really enjoy Ommegang Abbey Ale.