1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Being impatient can be expensive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sunshine, Dec 13, 2005.

1. sunshine

sunshine New Member

I got my THIRD call from my dealer asking whether I wanted my silver #8, or should he keep me on the "deliver in 06" list. When I said I wanted to wait, then he said that I might not get the car til early Feb.

Early Feb???

That's when a bit of panic and anxiety set in, which I'm sure is just what he wanted. Now, while I love how environmentally sound the Prius is, I have a 2-hour daily commute that I can shorten to 45 minutes or an hour if I can get my hands on a HOV sticker. My time is MUCH more valuable than my $3100 tax credit, although that credit is fantastic.

Am I taking a risk of not getting a HOV sticker by taking delivery in February?

Now that I'm writing this, I answered my own question. The freeways in the Bay Area aren't clogged up with HCHs and Prii, so I highly doubt they'd stop HOV stickers at 50,000. Plus, how does he know I'll take delivery in Feb? <_< phhht. I bet he says that to all the January deliveries.

Ok, I'm calm now....back to work.

2. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Dealers generally know how many Prius they get allocated per month -- if they shuffle you to the back of a 12 person long list and they generally get 10 a month, that helps them estimate when you'll take delivery.