1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bella Mia is coming home!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by wardplace, May 24, 2004.

1. wardplace

wardplace Junior Member

The big moment is upon us. Mo from Dale White Autoplex in Elko called to ask if I am available to pick up our new Prius that will be arriving at the dealership on Wednesday. :clap: (For some odd reason, I knew it was her when the phone rang.) I purchased my airline ticket for Thursday within 30 minutes and darn near have my bags packed. Unfortunately I have to go get her by myself as the Mr part of wardplace is in California this week. The 500 mile trip home will give us (Prius aka Bella Mia - henceforth affectionately known as Bella) a chance to bond.

We went on the Dale White list on April 19th via phone call, so our actual wait will be 39 days. It surely did seem longer! I really do not know how some of you have had (and still have) the patience to wait all those months.

Even though our first choice - a cool as ice Silver #9 - would have been nice, the golden glow of the Driftwood #7 now seems a better fit. I will take her out to the Valley of Fire - red, gold, white, and purple sandstone rock formations where some of the Star Trek other worlds were filmed - for a few photos that I will post as soon as possible.

I have printed out the check list for picking up a new car because this is the first non-used car I have ever picked up. Any suggestions for things to look out for will be appreciated.

Just thought I'd let you know there will soon be one more on the highway!

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

congrats! i should be getting a call soon from WV for mine, also about a 475 mile drive. i went on my dealer's list 4-16 and could have had a car this week if i had been willing to take tideland but i am holding out for his next salsa.

3. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

GRRRRRRRRRR.

4. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

hehehe... thanks for the morning laugh. but still, i don't actually have it yet. maybe this guy is jerking me around, who knows? i'll believe it when i see it

5. wardplace

wardplace Junior Member

To BBC,
    I read this morning that some dealerships are sending cars to other dealerships. Perhap your TXdealer can locate your Tabasco 9 and trade out the car the next car that comes in....surely you are at the top of the list by now.

6. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

That'd be great, but basically, when they recive a car, they'll call people on the list in order and if they want it, they can have it.. I figure they don't want to go through the hassle if they can just sell what they get. I don't much blame them for that. :wink:

7. wardplace

wardplace Junior Member

I flew into Elko Nevada on May 27th. Mo picked me up at the airport and took me to meet Bella. They were finishing Bella's wax job when we met. It was love at first sight! We spent the afternoon at the dealership getting aquainted with her details... operating instructions, test drives and such. I spent the night in Elko and poor Bella had to sit out in the Parking lot...IN THE RAIN (in Nevada yet.)

The first 400 miles of the 500 mile drive home was in the wind and rain. The terrain is mountainous and isolated ... the real remaining wild wild west. I put cowboy music on the CD and headed south across the high desert. It was one of the best drives I have ever taken. 52.2 mpg from the showroom floor to home.

39 days on order at Dale White's in Elko.
    Two months from the first trip into a dealer to see what the fuss was all about.