1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

belly cover? what's it called

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 007cowboy, Oct 28, 2019.

1. 007cowboy

007cowboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to order the part but do not know what the Toyota technical term for it. I think its generally called a belly cover however im not sure. Under the vehicle, from the front bumper to around the front wheels there is a panel that covers the bottom of the prius. Im not sure if its the same piece, but it also goes and covers the front part of the wheel well (not the mud guard side of the wheel well but the front/bumper side of the wheel well). again, not sure if that would be two panels or one big panel.

It sometimes can get loose and scrape the road and the wheel well part will scrape the the wheel. Nothing major has happened in terms of damage to the vehicle but id like to have it replaced as the "pins" or clips have either broke or come loose.

Does anyone know what this (or these) is called and what part number it may be? As always, if there is doubt i can take photos but i dont have access to the car until Wednesday.

thanks all

2. 007cowboy

007cowboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Attached Files:

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You probably need:

51408-47012 51441C - COVER, ENGINE UNDER, RH
    51447-47010 51447D - COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.4 CENTER
    51409-47012 51442C - COVER, ENGINE UNDER, LH

Among other things

The full parts list is here.

007cowboy and Patrick Wong like this.
  4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The picture provided in post #2 is of a G3 Prius, which has a more comprehensive under cover compared to G2 Prius.

Mendel Leisk and SFO like this.
  5. 007cowboy

007cowboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ill try and take actual photos although its hard to get down there without raising the vehicle, which im not strong or tall enough to lift up my car.
    dolj, thanks

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    SFO likes this.
  7. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fasteners on the front/bottom of the car take a lot of abuse and tend to fail when they are removed. My car has a motley assemblage of fasteners in the various holes that hold the splash shields together, no doubt whatever was on hand when each mechanic broke one of the originals. Over the years I have bought a few bags of fasteners from these guys:

Automotive Retainers, Clips and Fasteners - ClipsAndFasteners.com

and in every case it was a lot less than buying them from the dealer. So if you can figure out which fastener to use, it may save you a few bucks to buy it from them.

8. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It will not be easy to replace the side plastic undercovers while the car is on the ground. The front tires will be in the way.

007cowboy likes this.