1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Benoulli effect lessened by window deflectors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by GAGendel, Sep 11, 2006.

1. GAGendel

GAGendel Junior Member

I really like to drive with the window open in nice weather. However, the Prius has a real bad behavior that causes a low frequency oscillation that hurts my ears. In order to reduce it I either have to put the window most of the way up or open up all windows.

I was wondering if putting on the window deflectors would impact this behavior, possibly making it acceptable?

Anyone with window deflectors care to comment?

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've noticed that occasionlly in different cars with different window configurations... try cracking the back windows and inch or two, then put the drivers window where ever you want. It seems to aleviate the problems for me.

Also, someone suggested it on here a while back, but for higher speeds when you don't necissarily want all that wind hitting you in the face, you can crack the two back and one front window a few inches for excelent airflow, and none of it in your face!

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

The deflectors do not eliminate (nor appreciably decrease) the effect.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't driven a Prius without window deflectors, but I can assure you Bernoulli is still hard at work. Opening the windows only slightly reduces the effect, but doesn't eliminate it. Being able to open the windows a bit without letting the rain in is a nice feature.