1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best aftermarket alternative to OEM halogen headlights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ekaziak1, Jun 1, 2023.

1. ekaziak1

ekaziak1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello folks, I am a new member here, I bought 2007 prius base with 180k miles on it about a year ago. I use it mainly for commute, it is a great car. Recently, I have noticed that the headlight pattern looks a little weird (see the photo below) there is tons of glare from the right headlamp. The car was in accident, so the headlights were replaced, they might be of inferior quality to the stock ones. Now, I am thinking of buying new ones, any recommendations on aftermarket brands? I saw some from Eagle Eye, TYC, but there are no reviews. Did anyone have experience with aftermarket headlight for prius gen 2? What brand you ended up with?

Attached Files:

2. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It's not the headlight assembly that gives the light, its the bulb inside. Also if car was in an accident the headlight aiming may be off.

3. ekaziak1

ekaziak1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The bulb is of the right type, PhilipsRacing Vision GT200 H4. Indeed, the light coming from the bulb, but it is the reflector which aims the light and creates the pattern. If something is off with reflector, the pattern will be off. Some aftermarket manufacturers are not paying enough attention to the details of the reflector structure/geometry causing the pattern being dispersed. That's why I am asking if anyone had a positive experience with a particular brand.