1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best car I have owned (20 in all)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by radtech, Nov 5, 2005.

1. radtech

radtech New Member

My 2005 Driftwood Pearl #4 is by far the best vehicle I have owned. The quality is superb, functionality is second to none, and it looks GREAT. I have installed the "side moldings",and mudguards. The side moldings really improve the appearance. Driftwood is by far the best color, in my opinion anyway!! :)

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Me, too (and three---and my '06 will make four in five years---you've heard of J. Appleseed?). I've driven three Priuses 138,000 miles in four + years.

After 36 cars in 47 years, that's saying something, as I've had some good 'uns.

I think the Prius is the best all-around car made in the world today.

I think the Prius is the best all-around car ever made.

Of course, that depends on what you value in a car.

3. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

I agree, I'm 50, and this is the most exciting car I have ever owned!

Just too cool on so many levels. :D

4. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Well I'm still young... Prius is the best car i've ever owned, but technically it's the first. Looking good tho :D.

5. kente777

kente777 New Member

I'd love to see a picture of the side moldings! Thanks.

Ken

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Best car!!! Well that is a value judgement. My first car was a Fiat 124 spyder. It was not a greatest car in the great scheme of things but it was my first car! I don't know Belle is a wonderful but Heathclif was a good car and got me through some very lean years. I am not going to choose.

7. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I agree, except for all the rattles.

8. jangus

jangus New Member

By far the greatest car on the road... everything else should be outlawed and removed from our highways by some reasonable date... let's say December 12, 2012.

9. v.jones

v.jones New Member

I've been through a few cars in my time (starting with a 64-1/2 Mustang which was part 64 Falcon, part 65 Falcon, and part 65 Mustang, which made buying parts an adventure), and can unequivocally state that my latest car purchase has always been the best car I have ever owned up to that time. Note that being "the best car in my possession" does not always imply "the best car on the road" because I have had a lot of other, higher priorities for my cash over the years. It also does not guarantee that six months from now, I will still consider my 05 Prius "the best car i have ever owned" although its chances are pretty good, only two cars over the past forty years have failed to keep their title until replaced by a newer purchase (interestingly, both were Chrysler products that went from Consumer Reports "Best Buys" to "Top Ten Used Cars to Avoid" the year I bought them).

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I have "best" cars for a variety of classifications, has changed with age. I'm 32, have had my license for 16 years, and have owned 17 vehicles, much to the chagrin of people like jayman :lol:

Being objective, off all the vehicles I have owned, here are my favorite, in no particular order:

Prius
    2001 F150 Lariat (man I miss that truck...)
    1995 Ford Mustang (still own, highly modified V6 coupe)
    1994 Mustang Cobra
    1981 Nissan/Datsun 280ZX 2-seater
    1981 Volkswagen Rabbit C (Canary yellow, high school car, oh if the seats could talk!)

:ph34r: