1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

best dealer, free smart key programming

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by jstack, May 9, 2007.

1. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I got a smart key on line and wanted it programmed. Many dealers gave me $50 and 100 quoted to program it and a 1-2 week wait.
    Tempe Power Toyota did it for free and didn't charge, They had me drive right in with no appointment too. Very nice people.

A new smart key is 200 bucks and includes programming and key cutting. The best in town.

I'll get my next Prius from them !

2. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

sweet! I am in Phoenix as well and need a smartkey off ebay programed as well. I will stop by to see them.

3. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Unwired, note that a useed smart key can't be reprogrammed , it's a once only deal. Only a new unused smart key can be reprogrammed completely.

Also the smart ket has a shinny siler Toyota emblem on it, the dumb key only has a black Toyota emblem. I got mine on ebay and it was a ripoff. It cost $75 and only can work plugged in, no smart about it.

It's much better to just buy a new one from them (Power ZToyota in Tempe ) and do it right.

4. Atwork

Atwork New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jstack @ May 9 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]438372[/snapback]</div>
    This is good to know, I think I will try them for my next required maintaince. I just went to Big Two Toyota for my 5,000 service and it was horrible, they wouldn't let me ask the service a tech a question about the car, I had to talk to the "intake" guy, who told me underinflated tires would have zero affect on my mileage because the Prius tires are so small to begin with, he didn't know if checking the air filter was part of the 5,000 mile check, but took a guess and told me it wasn't. I still don't know, but since I drive alot of rural dirt roads it was important to me. Even my paperwork is wrong, they wrote my mileage in at just over a thousand miles when it was actually just over 5,000 miles. So it must be in their computer that way too, which will make it seem that I didn't get my 5,000 service and could have implications on my warranty later. When I called them about it they said they'd send me a fixed copy for my records, but of course they never did. They also told me (and applied a sticker to that affect) that I need to return in 3 mo/3,000 miles for an oil change, even tho one of the selling points of the car was that you only need to change the oil every 5,000 miles. One would expect the salesmen and the service people at the same store to be on the same page with that. I never want to return to Big Two, so think I'll try Tempe Toyota next time.

5. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    he didn't know if checking the air filter was part of the 5,000 mile check, but took a guess and told me it wasn't. I still don't know, but since I drive alot of rural dirt roads it was important to me. [/quote]

The air filter really needs to be changed when it's dirty , that could be 2,000 or 22,000 miles. Just take it outr and look at it. I ordered air filters from an on line company for $10 each.
    Also check the air filter in your inside cabin, it's behind the glove box. Mine was filthy . I also ordered that in line for aboyut $14 .

Tires do make a difference but only 2-5%, that adds up. Your mpg is most affected by your driving.
    I drive like I care and get 55-65 all the time, even with the air cond on in AZ heat. Always let up just a slight amount after you get up to speed and the mpg will jump much higher.

6. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
  7. Atwork

Atwork New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jstack @ May 9 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]438372[/snapback]</div>
    Good, now I know where to go for my next service, almost due. I don't recommend Big Two Toyota. I took my Prius there for my 5,000 mile servicing, horrible experience.