1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best dealer to buy from in NJ/NYC area?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by prompterbob, Mar 23, 2012.

1. prompterbob

prompterbob New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Browsing the forums, I've seen lots of posts about the saleswoman out west named Diane. Is there a "Diane" in the NYC Tri State area? I'm looking to buy a Prius or a Camry Hybrid and would love to get a great (fair) price.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you're in NJ I'd goto Gateway Toyota in Toms River NJ; they're huge and have a great Toyota selection. Much more of an in stock selection than other dealers in the city area where real estate is $$$.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When shopping for Mother the AAA program dealers included Glen Toyota of Fairlawn & one in SI. The 3rd one was in MD. They were all too far away to be seriously considered but one may work for you. If you want to try the other end of the state check the inventory at Holman Toyota or Liberty Toyota.

4. prompterbob

prompterbob New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fair Lawn isn't too far from me and I'm an AAA member. How does the AAA plan work?

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  6. rcf@eventide.com

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I bought my '05 from Glen Toyota. Never had any special reason to complain, and their service department is very pleasant.

Richard

7. Retchiefmcl

Retchiefmcl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My family has bought 3 Toyotas from Parkway Toyota in Englewood Cliffs just over bridge from NYC. They have a great selection and are easy to deal with.

8. prompterbob

prompterbob New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks to all for the good advice.

Anyone ever deal with Rockland Toyota on 303 in Blauvelt, NY? That's the dealer closest to me.

9. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  10. NY Anon

NY Anon New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi - Just got our new Prius 2012 II from Fordham Toyota for an out the door price of 25K (+340 registration fees). Dealt with Sabrina entirely ONLINE…………emailed her a request asking for her to accept an out the door price of 25K for a Winter gray model in their inventory. She called back the next day and I repeated our wish to do an entirely online deal (I had looked around other local Toyota dealers and found the haggling experiment fruitless, or too frustrating). I told her what we needed and explained that I would NOT come into the store to do anything unless she sent me an email confirming that my offer would be met. She came through the next day and the only extra was the registration fees, which we were OK with. The deal was done in a few days and was the most hassle-free pleasant car-buying experience ever. I went into the store briefly to leave a deposit and document copies, and today for 1 hour to finalize the paperwork and pick-up. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sabrina and the Fordham team (though the location is busy….…right off 87 in the Bronx….but Valet parking is provided). Very efficient, professional service in our experience. We had applied for financing through Municipal credit union and got a rate of 1.95%. We did not try financing through Toyota as we had been rejected before and offered a very high rate (despite excellent credit) because we had no prior car loans in our credit history. We did email other local dealers (City world, Westchester, New Rochelle and Mamaroneck) and NONE got back to us with an online offer. A couple called back wanting us to come in to talk price. We were simply not willing to do that. Sabrina said the majority of their business is now initiated online, with more and more customers offering an OTD price and going no-where near that dealer until the desired price is agreed and a confirmation sent via email. Good luck, I heartily recommend this dealer - especially Sabrina!!!