1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best floormats for the Plug-In??

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mlgooden74, Apr 5, 2012.

1. mlgooden74

mlgooden74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    anybody know the best floormats options for the new plug-in? I was thinking about weather tech or Husky liners but not sure which is best.

Anybody got this covered (no pun intended) yet or can lend some insights or opinions?

Thanks!

2. NewbieOR

NewbieOR New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm planning on ordering weathertech floor mats, but my understanding is
    because of differences with the 2012 Prius they don't currently have
    them (they have to design them specially for the car).

In the meantime, I'm using the standard Toyota floor mats.

3. PRPrius

PRPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I purchased the all weather floor mats from PC Shop. I really like the OEM all weather mats, they fit properly and look great. I strongly recommend them!

4. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    +1

radio

5. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you get the Huskys, be sure to get the 2012 version (they have a different part number). They SHOULD accommodate the new floor mat twist-locks (I say "should" because that would be the only difference between 2010-2011 and 2012, but I havent seen them).

I like the factory all-weather mats for the front. They are plain, clean looking, nice logo, and utilize the factory floor mat locks. Although if you really NEED the all-weather mats (lots of rain and/or snow), then I think the Weathertech or the Huskys will hold more "crap" than the Toyota ones.

For the back though, I definitely prefer the Weathertechs or the Huskys because they cover the whole back floor area, left to right, over the "hump". Its one piece. The factory floor mats in the rear are 2 pieces, I believe.

Unfortunately you cant mix and match (Weathertech, Husky and Toyota all sell them as a complete set, front and rear).

lensovet likes this.
  6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For SoCal the WeatherTechs will work fine. In heavy snow zones I recommend the Huskys for water holding capacity.

Price: Toyota OEM, Husky, WeatherTech
    Appearance: WeatherTech, Toyota OEM, Husky
    Protection: Husky, WeatherTech, Toyota OEM
    Fit: They all fit well

I prefer the WeatherTech liners because of how good they look when clean. I work on nature preserves and they protected my 2005 such that under the the carpet looked brand new! If I had to deal with lots of snow I would go with the Husky liners as theyholdmore water than the WeatherTechs as Judgeless has pointed out with pictures. The drawback to WeatherTechs is the price. Eek

For the rear cargo area I really like the Toyota OEM mat because of the way it folds out of the way to reach the rear under tray.

7. epoints

epoints Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went with husky weatherbeater for floor mat but not sure if there is a cargo mat for the plugin. The rear floor mat fits very well and so is the passenger side. The driver side has a
    A rectangular cut on left side. Maybe there is difference between plugin and non-pip

8. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The regular Prius has a cable actuated fuel filler door and the lever is in that spot.

The PiP has a pressurized fuel tank and comes with an electronically activated fuel filler door. When you hit the button on the lower left hand side, it depressurizes the tank and pops open the door. So it doesn't utilize that spot in the floor.

1 person likes this.
  9. epoints

epoints Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That explains the cut. It's funny that husky website shown the model I purchased as 2012 Phev.

10. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have the all weather Plug-in mats and like them. They are a perfect fit and they held up well in my 2010. I'm still waiting on the cargo mat though... It should have been available with the cars release. What good is it coming 2 months later once the trunk area is messed up already...

11. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do your Huskys utilize the twist-locks for the floormats?

12. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  13. killerthrowdown

killerthrowdown New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello,

I just ordered the Husky weatherbeater's my pip this weekend. They say they work with the new 2012 twist locks so we'll see :)

Thanks,
    Dave

14. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm interested in seeing how the new Huskys accommodate the new twist-locks.. I have the 2010-2011 mats.. although it doesnt bother me too much, I have given some thought to modifying mine to use the twist-lock so I'm wondering what the 2012 version looks like.

Please post pics when you get them. Thanks!

15. epoints

epoints Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The husky weather beater mats does not utilize the Lock and twist. It simply has an indentation that covers it. I will try take pictures tonight

Yes, they should have cargo mat available. I would have to use an old bed cover for now.

1 person likes this.
  16. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    What about carpet mats, for those of us who are not in major snow/mud territory?

17. blakemster

blakemster Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    best trunck mat ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=170827562294

ruberized with a lip ... good price tooooooooooo

blake e

Attached Files:

• mat.jpg
      mat.jpg
      File size:
      40.8 KB
      Views:
    4 people like this.
  18. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been waiting for this! Thanks!

Edit: heres the part number, PT908-47125 (via blakemaster's link)

19. Sandiegomom

Sandiegomom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just got a set (as in, literally the UPS man dropped them off 5 mins ago) and I'm not impressed with the Toyota ones. They are very lightweight, which is to be expected, but the pile feels very cheap to me. It will be interesting to see how they hold up. They do have great grippers and the twist locks are easier to use than the hooks I had in my Accord.

I needed *something* because in just a week, my carpet is pilling like crazy in the back seat - I think the kiddo is trying to shine the bottoms of his shoes or something.

I am looking forward to first-hand reviews of that cargo mat before ordering. I have my cable in and out of the storage area twice a day, so easy access to that is my main concern.

20. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Toyota cargo mat is about as lightweight as it can get. Much more so than the one we got with the Gen II Prius. I'd say about 1/2 the weight so it's very unobtrusive when getting the charging cable out of the storage area. Nor is it stiff at all making it seem nonexistent. The Gen II Toyota cargo mat had a rubber backing underneath which of course made it heavier and more stiff. Although my wife was not too happy about the piping on the back edge where it seemed to have snagged.

Attached Files:

priuskitty and Sandiegomom like this.