1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Fuel Economy Screen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by bnaccs, Jun 20, 2011.

1. bnaccs

bnaccs bnaccs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got my best fuel economy today of 55.4 on a tank. I then needed to gas up and decided that I needed to reset the previous(the other all time best 52). So I held the trip button and the 52 was erased but the 55.4 did not show up. It now say 0. Does the car automatically replace the best after filling up again if the previous take was better than the "Best" in the display? I think I might have messed it up then by resetting it. I looked the owner's manual but it was not clear and very vague.

2. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It seems you've reset the "best" data. If you reset a trip meter, the best trip gets stored, no matter how far you've traveled in that trip. It will replace the 0 next time you reset one of the trip meters (doesn't matter if it's A or B.).

Usually there is a prompt that asks if you are sure before actually deleting the best data.

It's best to reset the trip when you are in the HSI display or arrows display. If you are in the historical trip bar graph display, you can reset the best data.

3. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    wow, i didn't know you could replace the best data. Have to look that one up though I doubt I would want to do that.