1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Interest Rates???

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by uclabruins, Mar 31, 2006.

1. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Everyone. Please recommend a credit union or bank with excellent interest rates for someone with excellent credit. Thanks in advance.

2. Subversive

Subversive New Member

Digital Federal Credit Union in eastern Massachusetts offers those with the best credit 5.70% on a five-year loan and 7.20% on a seven-year loan of up to 120% the value of a new or used vehicle (add .50% without Direct Deposit and electronic payment), plus get $100 cash back on a new or transferred loan over 10K.

That's just $15.19 per thousand per month for seven years on a new Prius!

http://www.dcu.org/prodserv/r_auto.html

3. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    capital one check is 6.05% for 60 months....but when I went to pick up the car I had Toyota Financial services beat it...I went with 5.89 for 60 months.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 29 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]247223[/snapback]</div>
    If you belong to Costco, you can get the Capital One financing for even lower.

I just got 5.24% for 36 months. For 48 or 60 months, it's 5.7. When my Prius arrives in the next couple of weeks, I'll be able to pay for it with the "blank check" they sent me. Great way to prearrange financing. I did the whole thing online and was approved in about 60 seconds.

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoVaSnow @ May 1 2006, 05:58 AM) [snapback]247887[/snapback]</div>
    Telesis Credit Union in Los Angeles ... http://www.telesiscu.com/ ... beat out Capital One's offer of 5.25% in February with a 4.99% offer with auto-pay.

7. Punkinann

Punkinann Junior Member

It's marginally worth buying a Costco card to get the lower rate.

I just got 5.59% for $24000 from Capitol One for 36 months. Then I bought a Costco membership online ($50), reapplied, and got the 2nd Capitol One loan for 5.34%.

The difference in total payments is about $100.
    The monthly difference is only $2.70 a month, but you also get a Costco card to use.

8. theorist

theorist Member

4.5% over 60 months, 100% financing

We financed through Energy Credit Union in Waltham, Massachusetts. While their target clientele is Keyspan employees, they are open to residents of many towns in greater Boston, MA.

We qualified for their website advertised 4.5% rate, financing 100% of the purchase price over 5 years. This was after failing to qualify for the the low advertised rates at E-loan or Metropolitan credit union. (Our credit scores are mediocre but income to debt ratio is very strong.) We joined Energy Credit Union to apply for their low interest auto loan. We're now finally leaving Bank of America :angry: and taking all our business to Energy :D .

They also offer 24 month financing at 2.75%

Their personal service was outstanding, even though they didn't offer the newer easy checks like E-loan or Stanford Federal Credit Union (5.25%).

Thank you Energy Credit Union!