1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best new cars for graduates

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CinciPrius, May 22, 2007.

1. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    MSNBC published an online article today listing what they feel are the 7 best cars for new college graduates. The emphasis is on safety with the writer pushing electronic stability control.

The Prius made the list along with the Audi A3, Ford Edge, Honda Civic Si and CRV, Subaru Outback 2.5i and Toyota RAV4

Their comment on the Prius: "Aside from its political statement, the Prius is also an excellent car. With expensive gas threatening to become a permanent fixture, what better way to start life in the working world than with a car that saves gas money for more important things, like student loan payments or saving for the down payment on a house."

Read the full article at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18741981/

2. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CinciPrius @ May 22 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]447564[/snapback]</div>
    Why do college grads need want an Edge or a RAV4?

I don't like this article.

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm more than happy to see more Prii on the road (as an alternate to less fuel-efficent and higher emissions cars) but this statement is pretty much bullshit. Unless the Prius is a gift from Mom and Dad or the graduate is financially independent, they're better off getting a reliable used car while they work and build up their assets. Particularly if they have existing debt or a specific financial goal (down payment on a house). Good to see the Prius getting positive press but articles like this irk me. Smells more of thinly veiled advertising and product placement rather than an independent assement of the car.

4. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    id sure like someone to buy my old car for their graduate!