1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

best option for Sirius in 2007 Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by amakat, Dec 13, 2006.

1. amakat

amakat New Member

I know there have been many discussions about this in the past but still confused.

I purchased a 2007 Touring last week, satellite radio compatible. What is my best option for installing Sirius? I would really prefer for the radio to be integrated into the display screen. I would also like an option that has more than a 10 character display for song/artist. Does Toyota's receiver allow for more characters to be displayed? Is there some reason you all don't recommend ordering the receiver from Toyota? The price I was quoted for receiver and "fit kit" is $348.

I can't seem to get an informed or clear answer from either the Toyota people or the after-market places. I live in Orange County, CA.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help! You all already helped me decide to buy the Prius as I have been a regular voyeur over the past few months....

2. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amakat @ Dec 13 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]361784[/snapback]</div>
    The only "Factory" Toyota Sirius option I know of is the same thing Factory Interactive is selling. Just like the XM radio they sell, I believe this is technically for another Toyota vehicle that works in the Prius. It is limited to 10 characters. See if you can get the part numbers from the dealer, someone should be able to tell you if it is the same thing.

The only other option I know is the Vais SLS. This is limited to 16 Characters.
    See this thread for more info:
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=26402&hl=sirius

3. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amakat @ Dec 13 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]361784[/snapback]</div>
    I just installed the factory XM kit in my '06 Prius... and I will be installing a 2nd in my daughter's '06 Prius right after Christmas. I was unwilling to live with a 10 character limit of the Sirius units on the Prius. The limit of 16 is bad enough.

Overall, I am very happy with the XM kit. I had a slight preference for Sirius since I already have a subscription with them for another car.... so it would have been a bit cheaper to do an add-on. However... I will soon be adding XM weather to my plane's cockpit so I guess it really doesn't matter... since I would need an XM contract anyway.

/Jim