1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Place for a SkyFi in a 2002 Model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by captkras, May 5, 2006.

1. captkras

captkras New Member

Ok, lots of questions, and little answers with my so far, but hopefully after this weekend I will be able to provide some answers instead of ask questions. (and possibly pics).

Where should I place my SkyFi2?

I ahve seen them mounted near the floor on the center dash, near the floor "hump". I am not sure if I like that position, as I won't be able to see what is playing, etc. If I look at it, I really take my eyes off the road.

I am thinking either on top of the dash, or on the front of it, on the passenger side. I purchased a Low-Boy, and hope to mount it to that this weekend. Just need to route my wires, etc.

Suggestions?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Can you mount it over the driver's vent? I've seen others have mounted it there.

3. captkras

captkras New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ May 5 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]250440[/snapback]</div>

On the far left side, yes, there is room there.

I think I am deciding between there, and on the floor in between the passenger and driver. The only reason why I don't want to go there, is that if I look at the song playing, I will REALLY take my eyes of the road.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You should take a look at this thread to see where people have installed their portable satellite radios. I do have mine mounted on the hump. I really don't glance at it too much and use the remote to change the channel.