1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best place to buy Prius V 5 17in wheels?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by PreusV, Oct 17, 2018.

1. PreusV

PreusV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Where is the best place to buy the 17" OEM wheels that came on trim level 5? I'd like to buy two and put winter tires on them and use them for the front.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    eBay is your friend, although I bought my set of four from a fellow PC'er.

You really want four snows, even on a FWD vehicle.

3. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    They don't keep their web page very up-to-date but it looks like Wheels and Caps has both 16" and 17" refurbished Prius v wheels:
    Replacement Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheels

I bought four 16" steel wheels from Tire Rack to use with winter tires (Bridgestone Blizzak WS70) on our 2012 Prius v Five to get a wider selection of winter tires at lower prices than 17" tires and also to get a more pleasant ride over potholed winter roads. If I had a do-over, I would buy the 16" OEM Prius v wheels from Wheels and Caps and use little caps on the wheel centers instead of full wheel covers. The black Tire Rack steel wheels look awful without wheel covers and don't accept wheel covers very well.

Use winter tires on all four wheels as Air Boss said. Using them on only the front can cause erratic handling. A good tire shop won't even install only two winter tires if you have all season or summer tires on the back.

The refurbished wheels I bought from Wheels and Caps for our Sienna were absolutely like new and still are after four winter's use.

#3 Offline, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018