1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best place to get tires INSTALLED - Northeast US

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by feivel, Nov 9, 2007.

1. feivel

feivel Junior Member

So I got a good deal on Goodyear TripleTreads - 195/65/15 and need to get them mounted and balanced.

Apparently some places have lifetime balancing and rotation, which seems like a great idea. I already have the tires, so I can't get them mounted at Costco. I'm in Philadelphia. There are no Discount Tire stores around the state.

Can you recommend a tire installer that offers a good price on lifetime balancing and rotation? I figured a widely available chain would be best, so wherever I go I can be sure to have it done.

Also, I have a 2005 Prius. Is there anything to worry about regarding TPMS for the 2005? Is there an advantage to having a Toyota dealer do the install?

Thanks!

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(feivel @ Nov 9 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]537253[/snapback]</div>
    Try Big 'O' ... if they exist out your way. Kinda curious why you chose that brand/model.
    Many other tires have way better wear as well as rolling resistence according to the spec sheets.