1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Price on 2006 in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TOPrius, Apr 20, 2006.

1. TOPrius

TOPrius New Member

Hello,
    I am new to the site and plan to purchase (not lease) a new 2006 Prius (with B package) very soon. I would appreciate hearing what people in the Greater Toronto Area paid for their cars on the road. How much of a discount from MSRP is possible?

Thanks very much,
    SR.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I only recall a few people here from the GTA. I know here in BC, gl with any discount. At least you get the $2,000 rebate from the ON Gov't right?

See if you can get your dealer to throw in some accessories like the all-weather mat or maybe service credit for oil changes

3. TOPrius

TOPrius New Member

Thanks. So in BC they sell at MSRP?

Yes, we do get $2000 back now from the Ont Govt.

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah.. I paid MSRP for mine. He said it straight from the beginning that I wouldn't get any no matter how much I begged :p. Also tried to make me feel bad by saying some (rich?) guy totalled his 4Runner and came back to buy another without asking for the price.

anyway, at least he gives me the keys to cars whenever I want so I'm not complaining.

If it's a tad expensive, you could always get the Camry Hybrid. At $31,900, it has most of what the Package "B" Prius has except tyre pressure monitoring system, foglights... I think that's about it. It has the JBL audio with bluetooth standard, along with VDIM from Lexus as well as 7 airbags.

5. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TOPrius @ Apr 20 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]242703[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm... strangely when I searched this forum for 'Toronto' and a few other keywords, I had no hits, so I just created a new thread with a similar topic.

TOPrius, we should team up and try to get a dealer to make us both a deal for buying two! :)

I plan to start shopping tomorrow in the West end, I'll share my research if you share yours! B)

BTW, as someone else pointed out, it is true that Ontario doubled the hybrid sales tax rebate to $2,000 a couple weeks ago in the new budget.

- Kevin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 20 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]242975[/snapback]</div>
    That reminds me, I noticed that the Canadian Package B includes Bluetooth. Did this change recently, perhaps with the 2006?

I could have sworn that Bluetooth was only available before with the Nav package...?

- Kevin

6. TOPrius

TOPrius New Member

Hey,
    Sure, I would be happy to sure my findings... unfortunately I read your message too late and actually ordered one yesterday. I got $500 off list, with no admin fee, plus Protector Plus window etching and the wheel locks thrown in.

Email me and I will give you the guy's details. I said my Dad may want to buy one, but the salesman said that it wouldn't make a difference to the price.

On Bluetooth, yes it is included in the B package, but it's not in the (shitty) Canadian brochure. The Bluetooth function rocks!

Let's enjoy our new cars!

SR.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, bluetooth on Pkg "B" is added for 2006. Wheel locks come standard on the car so I'm not sure what you meant by the dealer throwing it in for free. Note the car also comes with a cargo net standard.

NONE of the dealers in the GVRD would budge from MSRP. $500 off? Lucky bum!

8. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TOPrius @ Apr 22 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]243722[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats! $500 off SRP sounds pretty good - I may have also found my car today as well. I went to a dealer who found a car matching my exact specs and $800 off SRP and delivery < 2 weeks. B) Only need to verify insurance and negotiate trade-in, which I hope to firm the deal up Monday night.

Will share the details once the deal is done... wouldn't want to risk someone scooping it on me. :)

TOprius, I will email you privately to take you up on your offer...

Thanks!

Kevin

9. TOPrius

TOPrius New Member

Great! Congrats! We should meet up once we have our new cars.

As for your deal, is the dealer adding an administrative fee (usually $300) on top? I got $750 off MSRP, but he added $300, so net the savings was about $500 (including tax).

10. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TOPrius @ Apr 23 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]243922[/snapback]</div>
    Well, he offered $800 off, but when I ran the financing number through the calculator on toyota.ca, there is a mysterious $150 that was unaccounted for.

I suspect this is some sort of "administrative fee", which I plan to clarify tomorrow night.

Kevin