1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Prius Maintenance in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nestflower, Oct 4, 2008.

1. nestflower

nestflower New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello, Proud Atlanta Prius Owners!

My Bonnie Blue needs her 15K maintenance visit. I bought her at Atlanta Toyota because in spring, 2007, they had more choices than any other dealership in this area. Of course, I took her back "home" for her various required maintenance visits.

However, I have been totally unimpressed with the service she received at Atlanta Toyota and would like to find another dealership or factory-approved maintenance and repair facility in the Atlanta area. Anywhere in the Atlanta metro area will do.

I'm just looking for someone whose service managers don't blank out when I ask about basic things like whether or not my gas mileage is what it should be, or if a noise I've just noticed is something that needs to be checked out. I get the impression that Atlanta Toyota doesn't mind selling a Prius, but that they have more important (expensive?) vehicles to take care of than mine, post-sale.

So far, Bonnie has been a great car and hasn't needed any repairs, but if there is a business that specializes in Prius service and maintenance, I would like to find it before I actually need it!

Thanks for your help!

2. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Our Spectr Blue came from World Toyota about a week ago so we haven't had time to test the service yet. She goes in for leather seat install on Friday. The install is done at the corporate service center rather than at the dealership (its four miles from World). I may get some feel for the service desk when I drop the car off. The sales end has been very attentive and responses so far but no dealing with the service department. I'll look for response from other Atlanta folks. I will be looking for service myself as our baby ages.:D:D:D

3. ron69424

ron69424 New Member

Toyota South in Morrow, GA, south of the airport, seems to have some knowledgable mechanics.

No one will care for your car like you will. Better to get a manual and do it yourself.;)

good luck, Ron.

4. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have been quite happy with the Service Dept @ Mall of Georgia Toyota, for the past 12 years. The (very few)warranty and routine maintence services, on our Sienna, have been proficient in a technical sense.
    But, you still need to look out for yourself. They are in business to make money.

Don't go in asking for the "15K" service, you are setting yourself up for being sold things you don't really need.
    The 15K service is really nothing more that any of the other 5k oil change stuff, with an additional inspection of the airfilter.
    Look in your Passport to Mtc. book and tell them exactly what you want done.

In other words, at 15K all you need is an oil change and tire rotation.
    Don't get ripped for $400-500 like some folks do.

I would replace or clean the cabin air filter, it's plenty dirty by now. At 30K, when it's required, or earlier is you desire, purchase and do those airfilters (engine and cabin) yourself. They are childishly easy to replace and doing so will save you money.
    And those filters are all that's additional at 30K.........So don't get ripped off then either.

5. nestflower

nestflower New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    9G-man! Thank you for the tips on saving money.... We all need to know these things! Is the Prius different from any other Toyota, when it comes to basic service? If so, how does Mall of Georgia stack up with the Prius? Thanks... Shiela

6. LIBI

LIBI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Does anyone have experience with non-dealer Prius maintenance in Atlanta? I have heard of two - Toyonly, and Toyo Techs, but have not tried either one. Thanks in advance.

7. nestflower

nestflower New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi... In checking around, I called a couple of non-dealer Toyota maintenance facilities, and was less than impressed with their responses. One of them basically said that there aren't enough Prii(?) to specialize, and besides, the Prius just doesn't seem to have very many problems! I decided to stick with dealerships, for the time being, and intend to try the one in Newnan for maintenance next week. If they don't knock my socks off, I'll see how the one in Morrow does next time. If you find otherwise, please let me know!