1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best reliable latest NAV chip for 2018 Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by IABoy987, Jun 24, 2024 at 6:13 PM.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I bought a nav chip through amazon which worked perfectly until it didn't. Drove to destination and when we started car, screen said "Can't read SD card, contact dealer" ( or something similar).
    Removed and re-inserted card but no joy. Inserted original Toyota 2018 card and system is working albeit with old data maps. So replacement card went bad.
    I have Googled 2018 prime SD cards and variations and found plenty of hits, though confusing what will work. Some have low prices and others claim latest 2023 data as current. Some SD cards have the Toyota logo and claim to be OEM that will work in 2018 Prime heads, though the Toyota website shows only 2018 as being only card available.
    What has been found to be reliable and drop in current card for my 2018 Prime (price not factor, reliability is!)?