1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best, sensible cleaning agents for interior surfaces

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, Jan 16, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Coming up on my first major interior cleaning of my AM-7.

I'm looking for cleaning agents that:

1. Do not leave wax or oily residue on the dashboard; I want that very clean, uniform, matte finish you see in a new car. In past I have used a spray window cleaner on my dashboards, with a soft cloth (old diaper or dishtowel) which is OK but there may be something better.

2. Cleans the hard finish door surfaces and rear deck opening surfaces, much the same look as the dashboard.

3. Cleans the upholstered areas that have a hard surface under them i.e. center armrest and wont damage the cloth on the edges (edges get the most wear getting dirty AND getting clean).

4. Cleans the upholstered areas wtihout staining, blotching, changing the color or texture of the new upsholstery.

5. Ditto the headliner and sunshades.

Thing is, I don't like to scrub; this always changes the reflectivity of the the surface and screws up the uniform appearance of the surface I'm cleaning, whether its plastic, upholstery or leather.

Hm-m-m-m-m...imagine a Prius with Leather interior...

We've come a long way from Armor-All. What is your favorite suite of cleaning agents, and why?

Thanks.

Bob

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

cleaners: one I like

for cleaning scuff marks and such off door panels and newspaper ink off steering wheels etc. is a product called Mr.Clean Magic Eraser. Used it on the Classic and the Tundra and the 2K4 with good results. I did try it on a stain on the seat in the Classic and it cleaned the spot and it didn't stain or spot but try it on an inconspicuious area before you "go for it" on a seat cushion or any other fabric covered area. $3-$4 item at the supermarket.

4. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Mr. Magic Eraser

Thanks, Frank.

I have a lot of respect for you guys on the Left Side.

I'll check it out at Target, (or "TAR-Jay) as my son-in law call it.

Happy voltz, eh?

Bob