1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best wax or polish for 2011 Blizzard Pearl? ...and washing tips

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BayAreaPrius11, Dec 21, 2011.

1. BayAreaPrius11

BayAreaPrius11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ive had the car for three weeks and I need to wash the car for the first time. Dealer said there is a product called "Auto Butler" on the car right now.
    Should I use Dial to wash the first time?
    Should I use a clay bar right away?
    What are the best brands of car washing solution to use?
    Should I wax or polish this color? > Which wax or polish should I use? Are there any I need to stay away from?

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's a care & maintenance sub-forum loaded with stuff like this. Try a search there.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    * If you're in a pinch, maybe have Toyota detail it again for you until you get your supplies together. Just a thought. The dealers have good detailers.

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-v...ng-waxing-tips-pics-your-prius-long-read.html

4. BayAreaPrius11

BayAreaPrius11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was referring to a dishwashing soap for the first wash as I heard that its good for removing anything the dealer puts on the car. I think it was on the zaino website that mentioned this.

Are there some waxes that will mess up the rubber/plastic parts of the exterior(turn them white) and others that wont?
    Thanks!

5. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    If you have never used P21S wax, I highly recommend it. The nice thing about it is that you don't let it dry.....you wipe off while it is still moist....it's a little pricey (try amazon)but well worth it.