1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best way to get a Luxury Interion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GripperDon, Apr 29, 2007.

1. GripperDon

GripperDon New Member

I want a really nice interior Is there an way to get one? ANyone have a custon interior done. Do I have to buy a Nissan Altima to get one?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol... you think the Altima has a better interior? I thought you were gonna say Infiniti or Lexus haha.

Hmm.. you want it to*look* good? Here are a few suggestions I guess

- some have added wood trim. I've seen some pics and when combined with the darker dashboard (and usually grey interior) makes it look very business-like

- I don't know if you have a leather interior or not. If not, you can get a nice two-tone. If that's not your taste, then a monotone would work. Make sure it's of good quality

- Another option to leather is Alcantara. It's suede-like in look, it's resistant like leather (or even better depending on quality) and it's warm like cloth.

- Add some LED ambient lighting. Footwell lighting works. You can add little LEDs to illuminate the interior door handles

- Add some sound insulation (like dynamat) to quiet the interior further

That should give you a good headstart.

3. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 29 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]432343[/snapback]</div>

Where do you get these LED lights you speak of? I need more light as I am getting old and can't see so well.

Is the dynamat expensive and difficult to install?

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Remember than any modification you do to the Prius will lower its resale value.