1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best way to return to View New Posts after posting a reply

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by qbee42, Aug 3, 2006.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What's the best or most efficient way to return to View all New Posts after posting a reply? I can hit <back> on my browser several times and back up to where I was, or I can hit the View All New Posts link and start over. Is there a better way?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While View All New Posts isn't at the bottom of the page, where you are after submitting a post, it is at the top of every page. I just scroll up...

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Right, generally hitting the <back> button will give you a list of "old" new posts and you'd have to hit Refresh or the View All New Posts in order to get the current list. I do what mikepaul does.

4. fphinney

fphinney Member

qbee42 -

One way to handle your problem, if you are using Internet Explorer, is to hit Ctrl+n & reply on this new created second screen.

(In other words, if you had one active window open, hitting Ctrl+n would provide you with a new window that is a duplicate of the first.)

Good luck,

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Aug 3 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]297037[/snapback]</div>
    The best and most efficient? TABBED BROWSING!!!

Use the Mozilla Firefox browser and learn how much more productive your web browsing experience can be using Tabbed Browsing.[​IMG]
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

At this point I would recommend going with Firefox 2 which is in Release Candidate 2 testing now. I have been using Firefox 2 as my primary browser since it was first released several weeks ago, and have had no problems.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

See the line in the image which shows CNN.COM, The New York Times, WSJ.COM? Those are tabs. The CNN.COM is the one selected, so that web page shows (the whole web browser window is not shown in this example image). If you click on one of the other tabs, that page will show instantaneously.

The nice thing about Tabbed Browsing is the ease in which you can keep track of pages, go back and forth between pages for comparison purposes, and in returning to a starting point. You can have as many active tabs as you wish. (I haven't tested the limits ;) )

For instance, when I surf PriusChat, I have several PriusChat tabs open at one time. If I wish to go see the new posts, all I need to do is click on that tab and hit the reload button. If I wish to view or respond to a post, I hold down “control†and click the link or “reply†. . . a new tab is added for that page. At that point, I can tab back and forth between different posts or web pages for the information I wish to include in my post. Once I am done with that tab, there is a little “X†on the tab (new FF2 feature) to close that tab. At that point the next tab over is displayed.

Tabbed Browsing is by far the easiest and most efficient way to navigate through several web pages at one time. In fact my “Home†web page is 11 tabs of the web sites I wish to open each time I fire up the browser. You can even save bookmarks which are actually multiple tabs . . . good for theme surfing.

The upcoming IE 7 will have Tabbed Browsing, but I don't like the way it operates as much as Firefox's implementation.