1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best way to wash Prius Dollar Tree wash and wax, detailing clay and ceramic spray.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GoliathMV, Mar 29, 2021.

?
  1. Great info will consider using the method for my cars paint.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. What a load of malarky are you serious get a life dude.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I have been doing the rain process before reading this.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. GoliathMV

GoliathMV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe that I have found the lazy boy special for detailing the paint on our car without the hassle of overpaying a detail shop or even going to a car wash. I have begun looking at rainy days as car wash days. Since experimenting on my second car I have decided to do the same on my beloved Prius and man does it work like a charm. Start by washing the car during a rain shower not a lighting storm please be safe. Let the rain rinse all the soap off, you can assist by wringing out the sponge and running your hand along soaking up the left over soap as the rain will continue diluting the car wash solution. After you are satisfied with the wash take out your clay bar and pick up all the contaminants stuck to your clear coat. The rain will serve as a great lubricant for the clay bar and some of the left over car wash solution should assist in the clay bars contaminant lifting attributes. Once the entire car feels smooth to the touch this means your paint is contaminant free CONGRATS. Now the ceramic spray part may need to wait till the next day or later on after the rain has stopped. The ceramic spray will bond to the now contaminant free clear coat of your car and help maintain that smooth glass like finish you just spent sometime working on either that day or the day before. If you find a little bit of dust has built up from the night before the ceramic spray is more concerned with the clear coat being contaminant free dust will wipe off freely during ceramic spray application. Your Prius will love you for it and according to other forums I have reviewed this is a once a year process now you can rain wash your car for a year without needing the ceramic spray till next year. Save you detailing clay bar and left over ceramic spray in preparation of your 12 month anniversary. When you use the clay bar again in a year you should notice less contaminants this time around. Now your car will look brand new at the beginning of each spring.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    one critical information left out- total wash duration.

3. GoliathMV

GoliathMV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Depends on how detailed I want to be but typically if I don't include the engine bay area which I like to keep looking factory clean about 10 minutes. I actually did it again tonight since we have a nice downpour and did the engine area which in the Prius is very small took about 15 minutes. I like to gather up the rain water that builds up on the windows to rinse and repeat to get all the soot out of the engine bay. The warm engine tends to magnetize all the dust. I also did the tires and got really nice results tonight. Can't wait to see how she looks in the morning.