1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beta testers needed for Lexus RX400h, 450h or Highlander hybrid lithium replacement

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by jacktheripper, Oct 6, 2021.

1. jacktheripper

jacktheripper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi Folks,

It's time!! We are looking for beta testers with Lexus RX400h or RX450h and Highlander Hybrid located in the Southern California area. The qualified tester must own another daily driver vehicle as we need to keep the SUV for at least one month for prototyping and testing. Also this beta tester must keep the car for at least 3 years after the upgrade.

The reward: Join the Project Lithium beta tester family around the world! Be the first to enjoy and experience lithium power, All for free.

Please help us spread the word if you and or you know of any family/friends who may be interested, you can contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks everyone

Best Regards,
    Jack @ Dr. Prius App

#1 jacktheripper, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    jacktheripper likes this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There are none on the used car market? Seems like this arrangement would be a nightmare for insurance coverage....

4. jacktheripper

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I need someone to really drive the car, not just leaving at my driveway and calling it a test.
    Insurance? If you can hit that battery the car is definitely a total lost, different kind of nightmare.

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The qualified tester must own another daily driver vehicle as we need to keep the SUV for at least one month for prototyping and testing.

Maybe I misunderstood this. It reads to me as "you (=Jack=your company) need to keep the SUV for at least one month for prototyping and testing.

To me that means the vehicle would be in your possession, prototyping and testing (very likely including driving?). Even ignoring the battery, this is a major liability for an owner, and for you, and any insurance company. Don't you live in California? The land of lawsuits?

It just seems to me, a "company" would want to cover their asses and use their own vehicle and their own specific commercial insurance, especially for R&D. You are just exposing yourself, and the car owner, to a potentially life changing experience.

6. jacktheripper

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Deleted.

#6 jacktheripper, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021