1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Better Rear View Mirror

Discussion in 'Prius Owner Photos' started by 05milbc, Apr 1, 2005.

1. 05milbc

05milbc New Member

Has anybody found an aftermarket add-on to enhance the rear view mirror on an '05 Prius? The existing mirror is not wide-view enough. There are clip on mirrors, but they cover the Homelink feature. If extensions of the mirror could be attached securely to the back of the existing mirror, perhaps that would work. With all the blind spots--something should be done to improve the view.

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Try flipping over the mirror (Homelink buttons on top).

Nate

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can pivot it up, it's on a gimbel arrangement, or, as nater said, you can flip it over, or both.

I haven't had a problem making it cover the available back window space with some wiggling.

4. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've flipped mine over and the field of view covers the entire back window (excluding the part blocked by my fat head), as well as the passenger side rear quarter window.

5. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I use a Broadway 250mm? (< 300mm) snap-on convex mirror. The convex gives me the rear and right side passenger window coverage. This is fabulous because then I can dedicate more of my right side mirror to farther out for lane changing and such, and helps get around that awful C-pillar blindspot.

It's nice when you can achieve close to 40 degrees of rear view on the right side of the car. I think I'll need a stick on mirror for the left side-mirror.

I have flipped the Prius mirror over with the home link buttons are on top, which makes the snap on look like it was intended to be integrated like that (instead of entirely hiding the buttons). I guess you could snap on the mirror upside down and get the homelink buttons on the bottom.

The snap on does cover the side 2 home link buttons a little, but the middle is unblocked, and all are still usable.

You will be pressing in the buttons in by accident as you adjust the angle of the mirror because of how you will have to grip it, but whatever. :)

6. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05milbc\";p=\"77771)</div>