1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Better Speakers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by genalex, Aug 31, 2006.

1. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm guessing that the limited bass output of the Prius standard door speakers is largely due to the small enclosure space, resulting in back pressure on the cones. Cranking up the base amplitude only adds distortion as the speakers are overdriven.

Has anyone found any magical speakers that can be swapped in for a significant improvement. (I'm not interested in any total audio system replacement. From previous posts I gather that the Toyota upgrade system has been disappointing to many members.)

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If you look around here you'll see that some folks have replaced their speakers w/ Diamond, Infinity, or other brands. Crutchfield's can specify exactly what will fill right out of the box..... I have the JBL upgrade but I think I'll at least replace the rear four & maybe add a sub.... look in the "audio" sections for posts..

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Definately search the audio section... many, many people (including myself) have noticed this problem with the Prius. Many people have installed subs (i myself built a stealth box that fits in the passenger side trunk cubby), and yet more have replaced the stock speakers with better ones. I have yet to hear anyone say that the work they did wasn't worth it or didn't improve the sound...