1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beware of GT seat covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by LoreePrius, Jun 6, 2005.

1. LoreePrius

LoreePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [font=Lucida Console:1c41c8e93d][/font:1c41c8e93d]My apologize ahead of time I have the need to vent. Here is my story:

I got GT seat covers a couple of months ago. I was not crazy about them (the feel or the color). So, I found sheepskin.com and order one seat cover to see if I like it. Got the sheepskin seat cover so, I was taking off the GT seat cover and to my shock there was a faint number on the seat try to rub it off nothing. On the back of the cover they scray number with ink and it transfer to the seat. I check the other seat to see if it also had numbers it did not. Why would those idots do that? :cussing: They did not think that ink might transfer to the seat! Now I have to figure out how to get the ink number off. Someone suggested that hair scray gets off ink stains. Don't think I want to do that. Also not sure about to do about those stupid seat cover!. I like the sheepskin, no ink numbers on them.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    LoreePrius,
    Have you heard of Carbona cleaning things? They come in small yellow bottles. My wife uses them on clothes to get out stains. Carbona makes different mixes for different stains. Find the one for ink and try it.

http://www.carbona.com/#

If you can't find Carbona at the bigger stores, try a fabric store.

3. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear of your ink plight. That is poor design on the part of GT.

This is an old stain removing product, and I suppose could be considered a "harsh chemical", Energene. If you can find it, it will work great. It should not "bleach" out any color in your original seat fabric, but be sparing in its use. Energene has a pretty nasty smell, so do any treatment with it in a well ventilated place.

4. G.Walsh

G.Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At GT Covers, our customer’s satisfaction is number one. This was an isolated case that happened six years ago and we were concerned that this occurred to one of our customers. As a result we immediately changed our policy so that absolutely no marking is made on the inside of our seat covers.

We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our custom fit seat covers. To learn more about our seat covers, please visit us at gtcovers.com.

We do appreciate your feedback.

Gary Walsh President, GT Covers