1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beware of Internet Batteries!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Whiteyprius, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just had the experience of having to replace the 12v battery in my 2008 Prius a second time in only 7 months! And many of you know how hard that job is. This time I found a Duracell brand To replace the Optima "Yellow Top" that I bought over the internet. I'm not going to condemn the Optima - I asked the nice guy at "Batteries Plus Bulbs" why would a battery that was more expensive than the Duracell would have lasted only 7 months. He said that I probably got one that had been sitting on the shelf for a long time. The "Bulbs Plus" guy said that they routinely check (and recharge if necessary) their stock. With my new Duracell, I got a 4 year non-prorated warranty, and a $10 rebate. I paid $179 for it. This business also had a battery for my smart phone that I couldn't find even at the phone store! Kudos for "Batteries Plus Bulbs" Gastonia NC.

Q10 ? 2

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    please give us a link or the specs for the duracell. i didn't know they made a drop in replacement for the oem. heck, i didn't even know they made car batteries!:p

3. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good to know there is yet another AGM alternative to the GS Yuasa battery sold by Toyota dealers and the Exide battery.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    4 year full warranty is pretty sweet! is it the exact same size, same posts and vent tube?

6. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Don't be surprised if it does not have a vent tube.
    A true AGM battery does not need one, even if it IS inside the passenger cabin.