1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BG Hybrid performance service kit.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Mike72903, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Mike72903

Mike72903 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Will it be okay to use the kits EPR additive following the instructions and then rather than draining the oil myself, drive it to the dealership for the oil change leaving the additive in the crankcase? It’s about 5 miles on city streets. Recent physical issues make changing it myself impossible.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure about what version of Pour & Pray this is... But you'll be fine on that short distance... I've used engine flush products on especially neglected Prius engines that are super grimy, but once I read all the warnings on the engine flush product I decided to only use 1/3 of a quart instead of a full quart to make sure I don't overdo it.

Meg&Bear likes this.
  3. Mike72903

Mike72903 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. These are 11 ounce cans so about a third of a quart. This is a 3 part kit that was all the rage a year ago when I purchased.Not sure now. The first can goes into the oil and you run the engine in maintenance mode for 10 to 20 minutes after warm up. Supposed to soften carbon on the rings. A second additive is added to the new oil. Not sure what it does. The third can is a fuel additive for injector cleaning.

Meg&Bear likes this.