1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bicycles and Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Walker1, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been reading all the posts about bicycles and trucks / SUVs.

I have a 2005 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom. I get on the "Hog" maybe twice a week. I live in the country. Nice and safe? Not quite. There is a traffic light at the end of my road. There are 2 lanes. I can't count the times that light has turned green for me and someone plows right through it. Most of the offenders are Dump trucks. They blow their air horns just before RUNNING the light. (Mighty nice of them.) The next biggest batch are idiots are the cell phone people. They don't pay any attention to their driving. (That phone call is so much more important). It's a good thing for me I always look both ways before proceeding on a green light.

Here's the kicker. My light turns green. There is a mini van at the red light and behind it there's an SUV. They are fine.

However, here comes a moron on a "Road Rocket" that flies past both of them and through the red light. He's going about 80 MPH- (it's a 55 zone) and he is accelerating rapidly.

I wanted to intercept him and pull him over, but Harley's are no match for rice burners. Well, luck was on my side. About 3 miles down the road the bike was stopped at a light. There were 2 Dump trucks at the light. I forced the guy to pull over. He gave little resistance after I told him I would use my cell for a deputy if he didn't pull over.

To end the story I gave the "young man" a stern tounge lashing. I don't take kindly to almost getting killed!! I was very upset at that time.

I said my piece and took off. If I had pulled out 1st instead of looking he would have broad sided me and both of us would have been history.

I know many people think all "Bikers" are irresponsible fools, but I'm one of the good ones.

I fully understand what bicyclists go through.